We strive to breed healthy Wheatens with a healthy future. To achieve this goal: we constructed a breeders convenant, with the support of various breeders and owners.
The breeders convenant is meant to supplement the already exisiting guidelines and aims to encourage testing to improve the long- term health of Wheatens.
We are a group and not a club when you support our goals feel free to join or support us.
The breeders convenant is focussing on the following points:
1. Lowering the inbred coeffciency;
2. Limitting the amount of matings per stud dog;
3. Doing supplementary DNA-testing and publishing the results;
4. Making tesing for HD [hip dyplasia] mandatory;
5. The collecting of health-related data;
6. Behaviour and temper
More information about the aforementioned points can be found in the menu to the left.